Wed. SEP 28 - Friday SEP 30, 2016
Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Hotel Cape Cod, W. Yarmouth, MA
Preregister now to hold your seat with a small $25 deposit. Payment in full due 60 days prior to the course. Deposit is fully refundable until 60 days prior to the course.
Click Here to Register
This course is created by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance, and delivered by the One Food Team.
It is designed to meet the regulatory requirements of the FDA to have a "Preventive Controls Qualified Individual" to create, implement and oversee a Food Safety Plan.
Attendees receive a certificate of attendance from the FSPCA upon completion of the training. The certificate is jointly signed by the AFDO, IFPTI and IFSH.
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requires all companies producing food for consumption in the United States to have a written Food Safety Plan and a "Preventive Controls Qualified Individual" to create, implement and oversee it. There are some exceptions, including companies currently under regulatory-required HACCP and certain very small companies.
The FDA defines a "Preventive Controls Qualified Individual" as someone who completes a FDA-recognized 2.5 day course curriculum on Preventive Controls developed by the FSPCA or comparable qualifications.
For more information on this 2.5 day course, developed by The Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), a public-private partnership created by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the Illinois Institute of Technology's Institute for Food Safety and Health (IFSH), visit FSPCA Courses FAQ and FSPCA Home, or the FDA page describing the alliance.
- Learn the details of how facilities producing human food can comply with the Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCHF) regulations.
- Become aware of the differences between a traditional HACCP plan and the new PCHF requirements for implementing and documenting Preventive Controls under a Food Safety Plan.
- Become a "Preventive Controls Qualified Individual" with the qualifications to create, implement and oversee a Food Safety Plan.
Ned Mitenius, PMP, Lead Instructor
Periscope Consulting, a member of the One Food Team
Lead Instructor, FSPCA Certificate of Training Attendance #a4719b88
Elizabeth Bugden, Assistant Instructor
Bugden Solutions, a member of the One Food Team
All course materials: Comprehensive workbook with all of the presentation slides, sample forms, sample food safety plans, lists of resources.
- Continental breakfast, lunch, snacks
- The course includes a Certificate of Training issued by AFDO, demonstrating that the student was trained under the FDA recognized curriculum and by a recognized Lead Instructor. The $50 certificate fee is included in the course registration.
- Day 1: 8am-5pm
- Day 2: 8am-5pm
- Day 3: 8am-noon
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Course
- Chapter 2: Food Safety Plan Overview
- Chapter 3: Good Manufacturing Practices and Other Prerequisite Programs
- Chapter 4: Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chapter 5: Chemical, Physical, and Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
- Chapter 6: Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Chapter 7: Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Chapter 8: Process Preventive Controls
- Chapter 9: Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Chapter 10: Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Chapter 11: Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Chapter 12: Verification and Validation Procedures
- Chapter 14: Record-keeping Procedures
- Chapter 15: Recall Plan
- Chapter 16: Regulation Overview - cGMP and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food
Hold your seat with a small $25 deposit. Payment in full due 60 days prior to the course. Deposit is fully refundable until 60 days prior to the course.
Payment in full at time of registration to hold a seat and all course materials. Cancellation more than 60 days prior to the course start will receive a full refund. Cancellation between 30-60 days prior to the course start will receive a full refund less a cancellation fee of $200. No cancellations after 30 days prior to course start date, though you may send another person in your place with advance notification.
Periscope Consulting, LLC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If an event is canceled or postponed, Periscope Consulting, LLC will refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for other costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines or travel agencies.